Are you dreaming of getting married in Greece? Santorini island is the best variant! This place is unusual for its picturesque landscapes, combining the colors of perfectly white buildings, a clear sky and the sea surface of deep blue. A wedding in Santorini is truly a fairy tale in reality for newlyweds. Lovers from all over the world plan their journey long before the cherished date because the popularity of this place makes it quite visited by future spouses. For the ceremony to go perfectly, you need to take into account many nuances and plan your holiday well.
Step 1. Decide on the budget and the number of people
No matter how trite it may sound, but most importantly, determine your budget. Based on this, you can already plan how many people you can invite, which venue to choose (they are different in price), how many hours to order a photographer, whether to book a restaurant or just sit in a cafe after the ceremony, etc. The number of people is also important: some venues can accommodate only 7-10 guests, and for a more magnificent wedding, you need to choose a larger one. The same if you book a restaurant.
Step 2. Search for a wedding agency
What could be more pleasant than holding a wedding in Santorini, because the organization is almost completely involved in the organization: bouquets, church reservations, payment of taxes and fees, a stylist for the bride, renting a car, sweets, fruits, and alcohol, rose petal baskets, music, wedding photographer services, and videographer. If you want to make some adjustments to any of the points, then it is worth informing the agents in advance, and preferably immediately during the first visit.
You can choose 2 options:
- Go to a travel agency or a wedding agency organizing weddings abroad (here, in your own country). The main pros is that you can come and discuss it in person. Cons: in any case, this will be the intermediary, since the Greek agency will deal with the organization of the wedding, and the intermediary will take its percentage. By the way, the cost will be an order of magnitude higher.
- Find a wedding agency in Santorini and communicate with them remotely (if you plan a grand wedding, you can also fly to Greece to discuss all the points. Cons: all issues will have to be resolved remotely, pros: it’s much cheaper, without “deaf phones”.
Step 3. Choose a wedding ceremony date
The wedding season in Santorini lasts from May to October. Depending on the month, the ideal time may shift. It is very important to know when setting the hour of the ceremony because it is held in the open air. For the wedding to go right, the date, time and location must be booked in advance. Foreigners often do this two years before the event. And the first thing the bride should do at the very beginning of the preparation is to determine the date, book a venue for the ceremony and a restaurant for dinner. And since there are few closed wedding venues, and some of them set a limit on the number of weddings per day, it is better to take care of this in advance.
Step 4. Choose a venue for the wedding ceremony
Santorini has a lot of beautiful locations for a wedding. Choosing one is very difficult. Most sites are located on the territory of the villas, vary in size, in appearance, which opens from the site. Different sites charge different rents. Small sites tend to be cheaper.
By the way, you can settle in the same villa where the ceremony will take place. This is especially convenient if there are many guests – no need to be puzzled by the transfer.
The most popular venues are:
- Villa Dana Villas, a magnificent wedding venue with sea and volcano views. At your disposal a snow-white tent, olive trees, and a magnificent panorama.
- SantoWines restaurant is practically cut into a rocky slope, from here you can enjoy views of the Aegean Sea and unforgettable Santorini sunsets. An ideal place for a ceremony and a wedding party.
- Villa Irini is one of the most romantic places on the island, located on the top of a rocky cliff, at an altitude of 300 m above sea level.
- Pyrgos, a traditional Greek restaurant - surrounded by vineyards and with magnificent panoramic views of the island, mountains and the Aegean Sea.
- Villa Agios Artemios offers a full range of wedding services. The unique location makes it possible to enjoy unforgettable views.
Any of the venues offered for a wedding in Santorini is distinguished by its excellent location. A magnificent view of the sea, an extinct volcano, and picturesque surroundings will be a wonderful bonus to the solemnity of the moment and will create a unique atmosphere of the uniqueness of what is happening.
Step 5. Organization of video and photography in Santorini
It seems that nature itself has made sure that this Greek Island becomes the perfect backdrop for photographs of weddings.
For a photo shoot-walk, it is better to allocate 2-3 hours. Especially charming photos are obtained during sunset, we recommend you to read the article on the Best Places for a Sunset Photoshoot.
We also advise you to arrange a photo session exclusively for the newlyweds so that the pictures turn out to be special for two lovers. You can arrange it with friends in the restaurant. Also, you can rent a flying dress of SantoriniDress and get the perfect shots. Santorini Island was created to unite the hearts of lovers and overshadow them with a heavenly blessing. You can organize a wedding in Greece yourself, but it’s still better to turn to professionals so that you don’t have to solve an endless mass of small, troublesome issues yourself.