The result of perfect photoshoot depends on at least 50% of your preparation. Of course, the second 50% fall on the shoulders of the photographer. But if you put in a little effort and learn a few secrets from our checklist, you will get the desired result.
1. Photoshoot concept
First of all, decide what you want to get as a result. Start with a general idea, then think about the details: clothes, decor, makeup, hair. How to choose a concept? Get some inspiration on Pinterest or professional photographers websites.
After you decided on the concept, it’s high time to choose a location that will perfectly reflect it. Beautiful streets of Budapest, snowy mountains in Austria, or sea coast somewhere in Italy — just choose! We can recommend you to try Greece destinations like Santorini, Mykonos, Faros, and Oia. Best views and stunning photos are guaranteed.
Remember that suitable clothes are not a detail but a key element of the whole photoshoot. There are 3 important points here:
- Clothes have to suit you. Try different variations of your look before the photoshoot and choose the best one. Otherwise, you risk looking unnatural and ridiculous.
- Clothes have to fit into the chosen location and landscape. Perfect clothes choice reflects the vibe and mood of the place.
- Clothes have to be comfortable for you. Remember that you will wear it for a long time and move in it.
If you plan to have a photoshoot during a trip to another city or country, local clothes rent would be a great idea. Our company provides a wide range of gorgeous flying dress and team of professional photographers, makeup and hairstylists.
4. Clarify details
So, you have decided on the idea and other details. What else it’s important to do before a photoshoot?
- Approve the deadlines and the number of finished photos.
- If you want to view the source and choose what you like, arrange it in advance.
- Discuss whether you need a face and body retouching.
- In addition to retouching the face and body, there is also color correction and other details of photo retouching. You can ask the photographer to show one processed image. Agree on it, so that the photographer will be guided further by the given example.
- If you plan on taking pictures in nature, the weather may intervene. Think of a backup plan and discuss it with the photographer. It is better to have people that can help you out (makeup artist, assistant or hairstylist).
We hope that our checklist will help you to enjoy the process of a photoshoot and the result of it will exceed your expectations.