A love story, Santorini sunset wedding or just simple photos — no matter what kind of photo session you’re planning, the most difficult part is to choose a perfect dress.
We’ve prepared a simple dress checklist that will help you to understand that you have chosen the right one.
- Concept & location
As we have mentioned in our photoshoot preparation checklist, clothes are not just a detail but a key element of the whole concept.
If you consider having your dream photo session in Santorini, we recommend you to take a look at famous flying dresses that will look stunning in motion among breathtaking views.
- Body shape
A perfect dress is the one that fits perfectly. If you’re planning to use dress rental services it wouldn’t be easy to find exactly your size. The easiest way to find clothes which will underline all your greatest features is to know your body type. Here’s a quick guide:
- Apple shape — if your shoulders and bust are larger than your hips. We recommend you to choose a dress that opens your necklines and shows off your legs.
- Hourglass shape — if your hips and bust are nearly equal in size and you have a well-defined waist. Underline your waist as much as you can: dress with a fluffy skirt and belt is a great choice.
- Rectangle shape — if your waist is about the same as your hips and shoulders. We recommend you to add some volume in lower or upper half: dresses with flowy skirts or off-the-shoulder tops will work.
- Pear shape — if your shoulders and bust are narrower than your hips. The greatest advice for you — draw attention to your upper half. Choose dresses with decorated or bright top and less noticeable bottom.
- Skin & hair
No matter what dress you want to choose: wedding dress, flying dress or simply cocktail dress, the key point is a color choice. The best way to decide on color is to find the one that matches your skin tone and hair color.
- If you have a pale skin your perfect colors are light pink, light blue, emerald and white.
- If your skin tone is similar to golden, choose bright colors like yellow, red, orange.
- If your skin tone is close to dark, all the bright colors are perfect: fuchsia, yellow, turquoise.
- Blondes should pay attention to these colors: lavender, turquoise, soft yellow, mint green, coral, ivory, peach.
- Brunettes and girls with black hair should choose bright and deep colors: red, deep blue, black, fuchsia, purple.
- Girls with red hair should try different green and blue hues, red and pastel colors.
The most important feature of a perfect photoshoot dress is that you have to feel comfortable in it. Try your clothes out before photoshoot: walk around, sit down, raise your arms, pose.
Now when you know how to find a perfect dress you are ready to choose one. SantoriniDress offers a wide range of dresses for all tastes that will accomplish your photo session.